The retail industry is going through unprecedented change. Margins have been eroded, competitive pressures are at an all time high, distribution channels are in a state of flux, digital technologies are transforming marketplaces, and consumer loyalty is difficult to sustain.
We also believe that there will be a growing convergence between the retail industry and retail financial services. With the increased focus on credit risks, capital optimization, liquidity, and consumer trends, there is an opportunity to create a radically different retail industry offering to the consumer.
Our approach is based on the use of retail analytics to help identify value opportunities for the industry. These include:
- Customer insights and profitability analytics
- Product performance
- Sourcing strategies
- Placement strategies at a demographic and geographic level
- Performance improvement and cost reduction
- Financial analysis
- Marketing and communication ‘smart technology’ strategies
- Operational excellence
- Risk management
- Business restructuring, divestments and M&A